آخرین ویرایش در 8 مرداد 1400 ، نویسنده : MohammadRashid
Koc University is one of the best and most famous universities in Turkey, as it provided students with the opportunity to study, and this university accepts many students annually. We will provide information about this university in this article, in order to get to know more about Koc University, how to get accepted and the costs of studying at this university.
Learn about Koc University of Turkey
Many people are looking for private universities in Turkey with good academic rankings to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral degrees. Koç University is one of the universities located in Istanbul and attracts many students with its various facilities. So if you want to know more about Koç University, stay with us until the end of this article.
Koç University is a non-profit university in Istanbul, Turkey, established in 1993 and has been one of the leading educational institutions in Turkey since then. The university has made significant contributions to increasing science and knowledge in the country and helping to produce and solve local problems.
Koç University is one of the most prestigious universities in Turkey and attracts many students from the most prestigious high schools in Turkey, such as: Istanbul High School, Robert College, American Skoder Academy, Koç High School, etc.
Education at Koc University of Turkey
The university has 12,000 alumni from Turkey and other countries. Eighty-one percent of Koç graduates are employed full-time in less than a year after graduating. This feature convinced many students from all over the world to study at Koç.
Koc University Faculties
There are several colleges at Koç University, each offering their own specialization. Koç University Faculties are as follows:
- College of Economics and Administrative Education (CASE)
- College of Communications and Social Sciences (CSSH)
- College of Science and Engineering (GSSE)
- College of Human Sciences (GSSSH)
- College of Health Sciences (GSHS)
- College of Engineering (CE)
- College of Sciences (CS)
- School of Law
- School of Medicine (SOM)
- School of Nursing (SON)
The university also has 3 graduate schools with names:
Professional training, science and engineering, communications, social sciences and institute of health sciences.
Most of the University’s courses are taught in English (almost all courses except for Nursing and Law). Therefore, knowledge of English is required for all students who wish to study at Koç.
Koc University fields
Education at Koç University is student-centered, which leads to significant advances in the fields of the humanities that have much interest in research.
Every year, many students are attracted to Koç University because of the global reputation of the humanities.
Among the fields of this university, the following can be mentioned:
- International relations
- Biomolecular and genetic
- Engineering majors
- Nursing and …
Generally speaking, this university with good academic standard is a favorite university of many.
Features of studying at Koç University
Koc University entrance exam
To enter Koc University, students must take both the SAT and ACT exams. To participate in one of these two tests, you can go to neighboring countries or apply through Turkey. The SAT exam is held in English and is required to enter universities in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, etc. To pass this test, you must obtain a score of at least 1180 out of 1600. This score generally varies across disciplines.
The language of education at Koç University
- The language of studying in this university is English. Since most of the university’s courses are taught in English, students must be proficient in the English language. For this reason, the language training institute is located on the campus so that students can learn English easily without any problems in the future. However, a limited number of courses are also taught in Turkish. For example, courses in nursing and law are taught in Turkish.
Koc University Scholarships
- Students who want to study in Turkey can use various scholarships to obtain master’s and doctoral degrees. There are many scholarship options in Turkey, including scholarships offered by the Republic of Turkey, scholarships offered by the countries to which students belong, scholarships offered by various national and international institutions and organizations, and university scholarships. Some of these institutions also cover the fees for transportation from your country to Turkey. The amount of the monthly scholarships also varies according to the level of education of international students. As Koç University believes in creative learning and student-centered education, it works hard to support students’ scientific and research projects. The university awards scholarships to the best students in any field, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, or nationality. The opportunities and amounts offered by scholarship institutions vary. You can check scholarships on the university’s webpage and get general information on the details page. Additionally, there are scholarship programs offered by Turkish Scholarships and the Council of Higher Education (CoHE). However, you should keep in mind that in order to get a scholarship from this university, you only need to apply through the Koç University website.
Koç University Scholarships include:
- The possibility of free education or partial deduction of university fees
- Submit a feed card
- Provision of housing or housing rental allowance
- Financial support for research
- Pay monthly stipends for master’s and doctoral degrees
- Providing health insurance
Koc University facilities
The university has 23 sports teams, 66 student unions, 239 laboratories and 13 sports venues. Since all faculties are concentrated in Istanbul, students can enjoy many facilities in one place. Koc University consists of 62 buildings distributed in a coordinated manner throughout Istanbul and it is possible to access all facilities without going through the city. Koç University is constantly assessing students’ mental health by establishing a counseling center at the university.
These buildings include:
- University colleges
- Health centers
- Sports centers
- Office buildings
- Scientific and research centers
- Laboratories and libraries
- Dormitories and ….
Koc University offers 22 undergraduate programs, 68 graduate programs, and 28 doctoral programs.
Koc University of Turkey ranking
Koç University is one of the best universities in Turkey. It has the best rankings and scores in the ranking institutions of world universities. Below, we’ll review this university’s ranking on the most popular university ranking sites:
QS World Rankings 2021: # 465
World University Rankings 2021: 401-500
2021 World’s Best Universities Ranking: 700th
Koc University is ranked in the QS World Rankings in 2 of 5 broad fields: Engineering and Technology (401-450 CE), Social Sciences and Management (309).
The ranking of majors in 2021 at Koç University is as follows:
Economics and Econometrics: 201–250
Accounting and Finance: 251-300
Business and Management Studies: 201-250
Computer Science and Information Systems: 351-400
Engineering – Electrical and Electronics: 351–400
Engineering – Mechanics, Aviation, and Construction: 251–300
Engineering – Chemical: 351–400
Physics and Astronomy: 501–550
Biological Sciences: 501–550
Koc University tuition fees
The tuition fee for international students for the 2021-2022 academic year is explained below.
The costs listed below cover the tuition fees for one year of study and registration, in addition to full use of the library, computer labs, and medical services. These services no longer cover campus costs like housing. Tuition fees may increase every year in line with inflation.
Koc University tuition fees per year is in US dollars for non-Turkish citizens and in Turkish lira for applicants with Turkish citizenship and they are are as follows:
Faculty of Science: 19,500 USD, 150,000 TL
College of Engineering: 19,500 USD, 150,000 TL
Faculty of Administrative and Economic Sciences: 195,000 USD, 150,000 TL
College of Social Sciences and Humanities: 19,500 USD, 150,000 TL
College of Nursing: 19,500 USD, 150,000 TL
School of Law: 19,500 USD, 150,000 TL
Medical College: 26,500 USD, 150,000 TL
English Language Preparation Program (available only to accepted students) US $ 19,500
Admission to Koc University
For admission to this university, you need to submit the required documents listed below. When applying to study at this university you should bear in mind that this university, despite being one of the private universities in Turkey, accepts students with impressive CVs.
The conditions for admission to this university are as follows:
- Participate in the SAT and ACT and obtain minimum passing scores
- Submit a TOFEL, PTE or YDS language certificate or attend English Language College courses
- Present main score of the Turkish language proficiency test for candidates studying law or nursing
- Bring the original ID card with a copy
- A full translated academic CV
- A 12-year diploma with a GPA of at least 14 (for medical studies, the minimum score is 17)
- Offer incentives and letters of recommendation from professors (if required for postgraduate studies)
- Submit international papers (if required for postgraduate studies)
It is important to note that you must not be a Turkish citizen to study in Turkey as a foreign student, and that asylum seekers can also pass the university entrance examination.
In order to study in Turkey and get to know the universities and the conditions related to them, it is necessary to seek the help of a specialist in order to implement all the steps in the correct way possible.
Our suggestion for you is that if you want to send your children to study in Turkey or you have any questions in this regard, contact our consultants at GO2TR so out specialists review your situation, and give you the best advice.